Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to realize the vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM replaces Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows, EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft's Compass, and Siebel's Results Roadmap.
OUM provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive, and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 6.2 provides support for Application Implementation, Cloud Application Services Implementation, and Software Upgrade projects as well as the complete range of technology projects including Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Security, WebCenter, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software. Detailed techniques and tool guidance are provided, including a supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor and UPK.
In this release:
- OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach Templates
- OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach Guidance and Templates fully integrated
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) View updated to align with TOGAF Version 9.1
- Scrum View enhanced based on feedback from Subject Matter Experts, including additional Tasks and Technique Guidance
- Implement Core Workflow refined based on feedback from Subject Matter Experts
- Manage Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) refined based on feedback from Subject Matter Experts, specifically CMM.060 Submit Final Reports task moved to Close Processes and Contract activity and QM.030 Conduct Project Team Quality Management Orientation task moved to Orient and Manage Team activity
- OUM Microsoft Project Workplan Template realigned with Manage WBS
- Compliance with Oracle's Accessibility Guidelines - Phase Two
- For a comprehensive list of features and enhancements, refer to the "What's New" page of the Method Pack
Upcoming releases will provide expanded support for Oracle's full complement of Enterprise Application suites including product-suite specific materials and guidance for tailoring OUM to support various engagement types.
The OUM Customer Program allows customers to obtain copies of the method for their internal use – including guidelines, templates, and tailored work breakdown structure – in one of two ways:
- OUM Customer Program – No-Cost Option:
Customers, who have a signed contract with Oracle for a consulting engagement of two weeks or longer meeting some additional minimum criteria, are permitted to download the current release of OUM for their perpetual use. They may also obtain subsequent releases published during a renewable, three year access period.
- OUM Customer Program – Purchase Option:
Customers who do not qualify for the free option, and who do not wish to engage Oracle consultants, can opt to purchase the OUM Method Pack. The price for an unlimited, perpetual license is 16,000 USD. This allows the customer to distribute OUM within their enterprise for internal use. At the time of purchase, customers are also able to purchase an initial three year subscription for 15% of the purchase price or 2,400 USD. After the initial subscription period, the subscription may be renewed annually for 2,400 USD. This subscription allows them to download updates to OUM during the subscription period.
Contact your local Oracle Sales Representative about enrolling in the OUM Customer Program.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select "Sign In / Register for Account".
- Sign In.
- From the Product Resources section, select "Applications".
- From the Applications page, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, locate the "I want to:" section.
- From the I want to: section, locate and select "Implement Solutions".
- From the Implement Solution page, locate the "Best Practices" section.
- Locate and select the "Download Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.
To learn more about:
- contact email@example.com, visit blogs.oracle.com/oum, join Oracle Unified Method group on LinkedIn.com, follow oum_info on Twitter.com.
- OUM Customer Program
- contact your Oracle Sales Representative.
- Oracle Consulting
- contact your local Oracle Consulting representative or visit oracle.com/consulting.
- Oracle's PartnerNetwork
- visit oracle.com/partners.