Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM replaces Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows, EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft's Compass, and Siebel's Results Roadmap.
OUM provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive, and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project and program management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 5.5 provides support for Application Implementation and Software Upgrade projects as well as the complete range of technology projects including Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), WebCenter, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software. Detailed techniques and tool guidance are provided, including a supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor, UPK, and Knowledge Pathways.
This release features:
- Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Implementation Supplemental Guide
- Business Process Management (BPM) Project Engineering View
- Business Process Management (BPM) Roadmap View and Supplemental Guide
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Application Integration Architecture (AIA) View
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Roadmap View and Supplemental Guide
- Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Supplemental Guide and OUM to Siebel Results Roadmap Mapping
- Techniques: 2x2 Urgency Importance Matrix, Risk Portfolio Assessment
- Enhanced / Updated:
- Iterative and Incremental Planning and Scrum references added to Phase and Task Guidelines
- Scrum guidance expanded to include User Story Task and Template, Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog Templates, and Scrum to OUM Mapping
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Application Integration Architecture (AIA) Supplemental Guide updated for Oracle Database 11g
- WebCenter View and Supplemental Guide (formerly Enterprise 2.0) expanded to provide guidance for WebCenter Portal in addition to WebCenter Content
- For a comprehensive list of features and enhancements, refer to the "What's New" page of the Method Pack
Upcoming releases will provide expanded support for Oracle's full complement of Enterprise Application suites including product-suite specific materials and guidance for tailoring OUM to support various engagement types.
Oracle customers may obtain copies of the method for their internal use – including guidelines, templates, and tailored work breakdown structure – by contracting with Oracle for a consulting engagement of two weeks or longer and meeting some additional minimum criteria. Customers, who have a signed consulting contract with Oracle and meet the engagement qualification criteria, are permitted to download the current release of OUM for their perpetual use. They may also obtain subsequent releases published during a renewable, three-year access period. Training courses are also available to these customers. Contact your local Oracle Sales Representative about enrolling in the OUM Customer Program.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select the "Partners (Login Required)" tab.
- Select the "Engage with Oracle" tab.
- From the Engage with Oracle page, locate the "Applications" heading.
- From the Applications heading, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, select the "Implement" tab.
- From the Implement tab, select the "Tools and Resources" link.
- Locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.
To learn more about:
- contact email@example.com, visit blogs.oracle.com/oum, join Oracle Unified Method group on LinkedIn.com, follow oum_info on Twitter.com.
- OUM Customer Program
- contact your Oracle Sales Representative.
- Oracle Consulting
- contact your local Oracle Consulting representative or visit oracle.com/consulting.
- Oracle's PartnerNetwork
- visit oracle.com/partners.